This Keto chowder is Amazing! Smokey and delicious with the added benefit of utilizing your slow cooker.
1/4 cup chicken stock or bone broth
5 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 jalapeños, coarsely chopped
1 shallot, diced
1 small leek, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 medium onion, chopped
2.5 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3 tins of smoked baby clams
1/2 pint keto smoked salmon or keto smoked hooligan
1 cup clam juice
1 cup chicken bone broth or fish head stock
1 pound thick cut bacon, diced and cooked semi-crisp
1 Tablespoon bacon drippings
10 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon “21 seasoning salute”
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
2 zucchini’s, chunky chopped
smoked gouda or mozzarella cheese… or both
scallions or chives… or both
- Set your slow cooker to low.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, jalapeños, shallot, leek, celery, cauliflower, onions, butter, salt and pepper. Cover, and cook on low for 1 hour.
- Add smoked clams, smoked fish, clam juice, bone broth or fish head stock and bacon with drippings. Stir to combine.
- Add cream cheese, heavy cream, and seasonings. Mix, mix, mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Cover and cook on low for 5.5-6 hours.
- Add the zucchini and cook just until zucchini is al dente… 10-15 minutes.
- Top with garnish and serve!